The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving accounts from one server to another

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Petergun, Jan 11, 2003.

1. Petergun

Petergun Registered

I need to move a site from one server to another. I do not have root access to the source server, but I have root access to the destination. I used the Copy an account from another server with account password option under the Transfer heading but the database did not copy to the new server. Note: None of the hosted account databases copied from the old to the new server.

I then copied the database using the backup feature in the control panel to my local computer and uploaded it to the account that was copied. I do not have a copy of the error message, but it uploaded with errors. If my memory is correct the errors had to do with permissions/passwords for the database. I did use this procedure to move other databases and each moved successfully.

I then used the control panel backup feature to Download Todays Backup from the old server and then uploaded it to the new account. No error messages displayed.

I entered the sites URL for the new server and the following appeared:
    There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
    Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.
    An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.
    We apologise for any inconvenience.

Has anyone experienced this? Am I doing something wrong or missing a step?

Please help.