The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving all accounts and DNS

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by Jack-PNH, Jan 31, 2003.

1. Jack-PNH

Jack-PNH Registered

Hi,

I'm going to move all accounts from a Cpanel server to another Cpanel server, and just want to be sure I won't cause any downtime. I don't want my customers to change the name servers of their domains.
    Would it be ok, if I just copy all acounts with WHM's built in feature and then just change the IP of my name servers at our registrar? I beleive it would work fine, except a few e-mails maybe, that would go to the old server and the owner would check the new server for their e-mails. I would notify our customers about it, and to check both servers for while. What else can be a problem?

Thanks in advance,
    Jack

2. SprintSlash

SprintSlash Well-Known Member

When you change the IP of your name servers at the registrar, it might take 3 to 5 days for some ISP to reflect the new update. So you might also want to point all the IPs for accounts on old server to the new server.

3. Jack-PNH

Jack-PNH Registered

Thanks!

Is there a way to mass-change the IPs of all sites? Or do I have to change them manually one by one?