The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving E-Mails from one server into a multidomain account

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Webdew, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Webdew

Webdew Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have a client with two separate domains (lets say ABC.com, DEF.com) and in separate cPanel accounts on an old provider of mine.

This client has 3 other new domains now (XYZ.xom, PQR.com, STV.com)- that's a total of 5. Two of these new domains are just to be parked. One is to become the new main primary domain - XYZ.com.

I have a new primary cPanel account. For this client this cPanel will only act as DNS and mail - webpage hosting will be done on another server.

I want to create the account for the client on my new cPanel with the primary domain as the main account (XYZ.com) and 'Add-on' the other domains. This will let the client log in and manage his own email accounts as he likes.

So my question.

With the original ABC.com DEF.com domains what's the best practise to migrate the existing email accounts / email/ passwords etc. as Addon-Domains to the new account.

On that old server I do not have root access .. or Shell access.

Thank you.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

The easiest method to complete this is to manually re-create the email accounts after adding the domain names as addon domains on the new server. The following guide is intended for migrations from unsupported control panels, however it details where email data is stored in the event you want to manually copy the data:

Manual Migrations

You could also try using an unsupported utility such as imapsync:

imapsync migration tool
    How To Migrate Mailboxes Between IMAP Servers With imapsync

Thank you.