The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving existing SSL to cpanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nickp666, Nov 11, 2005.

1. nickp666

nickp666 Well-Known Member

Sorry to sound like a complete newbie with this, one of our clients has SSL with our old supplier, we are moving them onto our own box, I have been sent the CSR, the RSA KEY and the actual certificate that was on their servers, what do I need to do to get these working on our box?

when pasted into WHM the certificate has the IP address of our old suppliers box, if I change it to the address we are supplying to our customer the do it button is disabled, do I need to regenerate the certificate or anything?

any help would be greatly appreciated

2. nickp666

nickp666 Well-Known Member

just to add - we dont have access to the old server to retrieve the ssl files from it, the supplier has emailed us everything

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

All you should need to do is to:

1. Ensure that the cPanel account that you want to apply the certificate to is on its own IP address (i.e. one that has no other SSL certificates installed on it already as apache must have a unquie IP address per SSL cert)

2. In WHM > Install a SSL Certificate and Setup the Domain complete the various boxes with the details that you have. Be careful as the page uses JavaScript which may load up other information if it thinks it is available on disk. So, once you've pasted everything in, double-check that what you put in is what's in each box

If that's what you've already tried, then the quick and dirty way of doing it is:

1. Install a self-signed cert for the account

2. Through SSH go into /usr/local/ssh/ and directly add the key and certificate into the files under:

private/www.domain.com.key
    certs/www.domain.com.crt

and if necessary:

certs/www.domain.com.cabundle

You then need to restart httpd:

/scripts/restartsrv_httpd