The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving From an server to another !

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by Bidi, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Bidi

Bidi Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hy guys i got some issues witch starts to make me to be confused and worryed.

I got Server1 witch is with cPanel, CloudLinux, WHMSonic.....etc + cPanel Accounts (Websites) and Server2 witch is nothink on it compleatly empty and i whant to move all the accounts, configs.... to Server2.

I was thinking to move acount by account but it will take me ages and the mowst frustrating think is all the cPanel/WHM, Cloudlinux....etc settings to make them from 0 i will suicide myself.

The Server1 is just an normal 2xquad core, 16gb ddr2, 500hdd server but the Server2 is 2xSix Cores /12Cores/24 Threades, 64gb ....etc.

So i just whant to move all the thinks from Server1 to Server2.

What do you recomand to make the move ?
    Is it posible to Sync Server2 with Server1 ? You know like to sync all the settings ....etc.

Tnx for the help ( I hope i posted in the right place if no sorry )

2. doanminhchau

doanminhchau Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Bidi,
    I'm moving cPanel and data to a new server, so I have little experience about this.
    First, you should install cPanel on the new server, check setting of the services: easy apache, proftpd or pure ftp, exim, courier or dovecot. And then you use transfer tool in WHM to transfer your accounts. Check the log in Review Transfers and Restores. Then you should use rsync to synchronize your data again and test your new server.

3. Bidi

Bidi Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Tnx for your replay, i got 250 websites :) just imagine how long it will take me to move using transfer tool one by one.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

The following post explains how to transfer the accounts and configuration data:

Transfer cPanel to new server

It actually should not take much longer to use the transfer tool compared to manually copying the data.

Thank you.