The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving from mailman...

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by ErikZ, Feb 10, 2005.

1. ErikZ

ErikZ Registered

My old server host used cpanel. I've moved to a new host that doesn't have cpanel. I need to know how to get the mailing list off of my old host.

The URL now points to my new host, so I can't use the cpanel controls. Trying to get access to the files out of the jailcell is almost impossible, since the admin is busy helping paying customers.

I have a backup of the site, but I can't find the mailing list ANYWHERE on it.

I'm using a new maling list progam, so all I need is the email addresses. That's it.

2. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

What email address? Could you be a bit more specific as to the email address you need to find out?

3. dezignguy

dezignguy Well-Known Member

sounds like they need the list addresses... the ones that are subscribed.

I saw a script in the mailman directories that I believe you could use to dump the subscriber addresses... but your host will likely need to run it for you. Read the mailman documentation for more info on that.

4. jdstallings

jdstallings Well-Known Member

MailMan and Account Backup

Not sure if the newer releases of CPANEL address this, but all the versions I have used do NOT backup any mailman information. You have to have the admin of the server do all that. :(