The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving from one server to another (both with cpanel) - DNS, etc

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by djblamire, Oct 11, 2006.

1. djblamire

djblamire Well-Known Member

I have several sites running on a server, which is working OK (apart from being slow).

I have now upgraded to a better server, but trying to work out the best way to move the sites over.

The domains are pointing to NS1.MYNAME.COM and NS2.MYNAME.COM which are on the original server.

During the cpanel setup, I set the name servers on the new machine to be DNS1.MYNAME.COM and DNS2.MYNAME.COM. However, 'MYNAME.COM' is hosted on the first (old) machine.

Anyone know the best way to do what I am trying to do ??

Thanks in advance for any help,

Daniel

2. angelina_holy

angelina_holy Well-Known Member

Login to Whm of new server .Select option copy multiple accounts from another server . and give your old server details .all the accounts from old server will be copied to new server and there dns will also be updated automatically , If you have reseller accounts using private namservers then you will have to update the nameservers manually

you will find many treads on this this issue on this forum . Just search it buddy

3. djblamire

djblamire Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply. How do I change the ip of the namservers, when the domain for the nameservers is pointing to the old server ?

Is it possible to create new ones pointing to the new server, even though the domain is on the old one ?