The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving mail accounts

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by rovinj1, Mar 22, 2008.

1. rovinj1

rovinj1 Registered

Hello,
    I want to move only mail accounts (with all messages on server) to a new server. Can anybody give me some tips?

2. Kailash1

Kailash1 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    If both the servers are running on WHM and your domain is currently not present on the new server then transfer your domain using “Copy an account from another server” option.

Kailash

3. nayagi

nayagi Member

Synchronize mailbox

Hi

I am having the same mail account, created on two different servers. Now when i send mail to that account , the mail send to the account based on the priority of the server ( ie is if i stop the email service on one server the mail is shown on the other account created on the other server). Now I want to sync up the mailboxes ( after one of them went down there shouldnt be problem) . Is this can be configured using cPanel? :confused:

I need an immediate help. It would be of great value if someone provide me with useful information......

Thanks......................... :)
    MMC.Nayagi

4. nayagi

nayagi Member

Sync up mailbox

The Issue is,

I am using cpanel box as my primary server. If it fails mail is redirected to godaddy (other server) by DNS entries. When cpanel comes back up, the mail must be retrieved back to it from godaddy. Is there any automation to do it? Or scripts available. I need an immediate help. It would be of much helpful if any information provided.

Thanks
    MMC.Nayagi