The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving Postnuke Database

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lloyd_tennison, Jan 21, 2006.

1. lloyd_tennison

lloyd_tennison Well-Known Member

I am trying to move a Post_nuke databse from a plesk server. The client gave me a phpmyadmin dump and I am having trouble as I am not familiar with Nuke. What I have tried is to copy the files and modify the config file to use the new database name and same password (as password is encrypted in config file) and import into phpmyadmin.

Now if I do that, every time I access a file I get a premature end of script headers error in apache. If I create the Post-nuke database first and try to import - then it does not as it says the tables already exist. As I know little abut nuke, I am lost and searching, even Google, leaves little info for me.

Appreciate any help.

#1 lloyd_tennison, Jan 21, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2006
  2. gorilla

gorilla Well-Known Member

3. rustelekom

rustelekom Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

hi,

"premature end of script headers" not regards to database at all. Thiserror mean that your files just haven't correct rights or owner/group. Double check which owner/group have files and also which rights they have. Correct rights will be 644.

4. lloyd_tennison

lloyd_tennison Well-Known Member

Thanks, but neither of those posts help. The permissions are 644 and in php they can actually mean over a hundred items, using with a database (per postnuke site) even more. I found a tutorial that is supposed to help with moving a psotnuke database, but futher on it says if using Cpanel - maybe, maybe not as they do not use standard formats - whatever that means. The mysql database is not standard for Cpanel it seems and matches no other style. Quick perusal of phpmyadmin shows that, as the format is uses and the extra databases (test for every user) are not standard.

For instance:

some database in phpmyadmin show:

username
    -username
    -database

some only show
    -database - at the top shown not attached to a user (or attached to root.)

Yet checking owners and permission on the database it clearly shows they are owned by user.

#4 lloyd_tennison, Jan 22, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2006
  5. rustelekom

rustelekom Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

post-nuke use standard mysql format. it is possible that you have move it from server where MySQL 4.1 runned to server where MySQL 4.0 runned. In this case you will have some problems but all of above will regards to MySQL errors not to apache error. Double check you permission on transfered account include up level folders (/home/username). Also, double check owner:group on above files. You also easily may check are problem exist in permission or not by creating simple index.php with:

<?
    phpinfo();
    ?>

inside and try run it by approriate url.

Also. if you run php as cgi you may check /usr/local/apache/logs/suexec_log or /usr/local/apache/logs/su_php_log

6. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I've moved and repaired many pn sites, maybe I can help.
    How large is the DB?
    You can use this to get the actual password and user_name from the config.php if needed.
    You can use this to reset theme and password if needed. Switching to default theme is suggested to get going. ExtraLite should work.

In config.php the details must be correct as well.
    $pnconfig['dbuname'] = 'username_likethis';
    $pnconfig['dbpass'] = 'passwordhere';
    $pnconfig['dbname'] = 'databasename_likethis';

If you're not sure that dump was made correctly, I'd suggest grabbing it again yourself to be sure.

The postnuke forums are better suited for this problem than cPanel forums BTW.
    You'll find many posts by me and others there to get this sorted I think. ;)

7. rwoody

rwoody Member

quick reply on "tables already exist"

Make sure you add to your db you are uploading - Delete table if exists - As you have already installed the PN db structure - You now just want to upload the data.

All other solutions are correct... this is just a quick one.