stephenpl

Jul 7, 2011
Hi everyone,

I will be retiring our current server in a few weeks as it has been running for over 4 years now. I was wondering if there is a simple option to clone the server, with config etc for transfer to the new server? Or is the only option to use "Copy multiple accounts/packages from another server" and then setup the server manually again?

It will take a bit of time to get the config correct again, php mods etc...

Thank you in advance for your help.

Steve.

Infopro

May 20, 2003
Pennsylvania
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
There is no official way to clone a server, though there is an ongoing Feature Request here for that:
Clone Server Configuration - cPanel Forums

Or is the only option to use "Copy multiple accounts/packages from another server" and then setup the server manually again?

It will take a bit of time to get the config correct again, php mods etc...
Setting up the new server first, updates, security, Packages and so on might be best.
You can use DNS clustering to share nameservers as well that's very helpful I think.
Guide to DNS Cluster Configuration - cPanel Documentation

Once you've got all that up and going proper, then move your accounts.

Lots of details about this topic on these forums and in the Docs you'll want to look into to get yourself going in the right direction.

stephenpl

Jul 7, 2011
There is no official way to clone a server, though there is an ongoing Feature Request here for that:
Clone Server Configuration - cPanel Forums

Setting up the new server first, updates, security, Packages and so on might be best.
You can use DNS clustering to share nameservers as well that's very helpful I think.
Guide to DNS Cluster Configuration - cPanel Documentation

Once you've got all that up and going proper, then move your accounts.

Lots of details about this topic on these forums and in the Docs you'll want to look into to get yourself going in the right direction.
Thank you.

cPanelTristan

Quality Assurance Analyst
Staff member
Oct 2, 2010
somewhere over the rainbow
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator