The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving Whole Sites

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mumbles27, Jun 8, 2009.

1. mumbles27

mumbles27 Active Member

To Forum

i need to move whole sites from one host to another, both have the WHM/cPanel.

I know that if i move physical files and pages then the site [which is only a simple one] will load on the new as pe the old if i set them all in the same place.

what i dont know about is the all the other settings I have set within cPanel. Things like security, email and settings, sub-doms and redirects. If i grab the whole sit, download, then upload to new server, will all these settigns re-set themselves so to speak? or willl i have t oset everything again?

many thanks

Andi

2. JawadArshad

JawadArshad Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    You can transfer multiple accounts via "WHM >> Transfer >> Copy multiple accounts/packages from another server" and all settings along with webdata/dbs will be transferred.

3. mumbles27

mumbles27 Active Member

where is that?

in my target WHM i see "Multi Account Functions" and in there "Modify/Upgrade" and "terminate"...?

4. JawadArshad

JawadArshad Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    It is not in the "Multi Account Functions" section It is in "WHM >> Transfers >> Copy multiple accounts/packages from another server"
    Do you have root access of WHM on the target server or reseller access. If you have root access, then you might ask your host regarding this.