Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Moving WP from Azure to cPanel

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by WhoKnew75, Jan 7, 2019.

1. WhoKnew75

WhoKnew75 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Thanks for reading..

Very new to this!

Moving a site from Azure>Bitnami>WP to my GoDaddy server, which currently has a shared IP address, but three cPanel accounts, one per website. The third is the new WP site I wish to move into.

The old WP site is still live, and DNS remains as is.

Question is, where can i find the info required to set the domain DNS to the new cPanel account>WP site.. also if i access via shared ip, i am pointed to the first website, unable to access the third via an IP address or such either (as i have to run the "ipaddress.com/installer.php" to complete migration of all my WP data/files.

P.s. the domain for the WP site is not via GoDaddy, like my other two sites are.

Any help, pointers to articles would be much appreciated!

2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hello @WhoKnew75

We're glad to have you with us, I hope you're enjoying your experience with cPanel so far!

This is a bit difficult to answer, it really depends on your provider. If you're using their nameservers they should be able to give you this information. If you're going to use custom nameservers the documentation following should be helpful: How to Set Up Nameservers in a cPanel Environment - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

This is the normal behavior for apache. It will load the first VirtualHost in the Apache configuration file on that IP. What I would recommend doing to complete your installation etc. if you need to see the site live would be to modify your local hosts file to the IP address the domain is on. Basically telling your computer exactly what IP to look for domain.tld on. It's actually pretty simple to configure, we have a tutorial here: Tutorial - Editing your local hosts file to preview sites

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...