The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MPM event vs MPM worker

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by nisamudeen97, Mar 30, 2015.

1. nisamudeen97

nisamudeen97 Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm running under Apache 2.4.12, I made researches, and it seems that MPM event is definitely the one that should by default on a server like mine for such apache version

What is your experience about it with other servers ? is there any problem ? constraints ? Can you update me your experience regarding MPM event and MPM worker ?

After MPM updated, PHP and opcachers recompiled if necessary, by running ab tool, I will need to know the capacity of server on static/dynamic files. How this can be done ?

What are the main things that need to be kept in mind while changing from mpm event to mpm worker or worker to event ?

Is there any known issues with "MPM Event" in Cloud Linux servers ?

#1 nisamudeen97, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2015
  2. 24x7ss

24x7ss Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

There are no known issues with "MPM Event" in Cloud Linux. But PHP may not be run as an apache DSO (mod_php) while this MPM is in use.

The event MPM is very new. In fact, it's only been released as stable in Apache 2.4. The Event MPM works the exact same way as the Worker MPM when it comes to processes and threads. The big difference is that an Event MPM will dedicate a thread to a request, not the whole HTTP connection.

I have event MPM on most of my servers and works perfectly.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator