Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Multi-domain SSL for add-on domains, single IP and not use SNI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PixelPaul, Jan 25, 2014.

1. PixelPaul

PixelPaul Registered

hi there,
    just wanting to know if anyone can help me with my problem. or direct me in the right direction.
    SNI is great but i don't want to use it for one cpanel account as some users will be using browsers which do not support it.
    so i have a main domain and 3 add on domains. and i have a multi domain SSL which has all 4 domains in the SAN fields. and a single dedicated IP for the account. I have tried installing the SSL and it is all good, but it uses SNI when i check. is it possible to do it without SNI.
    I did get it to work once with a wildcard certificate using instructions here: http://forums.cpanel.net/f5/ssl-certs-wildcard-domains-across-different-hosts-169030.html
    but i am not sure if that will work with a mutli domain SSL?
    any help would be grand.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello :)

You can assign a dedicated IP address to each addon domain name if you want to avoid using the SNI functionality. Documentation on how to do this is at:

Assigning Dedicated IPs to Subdomains

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...