The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multilingual interfaces

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by erick_paper, Jul 19, 2005.

1. erick_paper

erick_paper Well-Known Member

Does Cpanel have multi lingual skins to display in non-English languages? Thanks.

2. erick_paper

Any information about this? Thanks.

3. rvskin

rvskin Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Search the forum you will find the answer.

4. erick_paper

Thanks but I did check before posting. Most messages I found are advertisements by some CpanelAPP.

But I am not looking for external skins that I have to pay for. I am interested in core functionality in Cpanel. I expect a system like Cpanel to have it built-in by now, or am I wrong?

I saw this on the WHM help -

"You do not already have translated language files to use" suggests that there should be a file somewhere? I am not sure where to look.

Thanks

5. marius

marius Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

check /usr/local/cpanel/lang
    make a copy of english
    translate everything is after =

6. SubZero

SubZero Well-Known Member

What will happen if the new to-be-translated lines are added to the WHM? How do I update our translations?

7. erick_paper

My question exactly. Let's say I copied the English file into a NEWLANG folder, and WHM recognizes that NEWLANG in its interface.

How do I now associate a domain with this NEWLANG? Will I have to create a new skin and associate that skin with the domain? Surely seems like a painful process.

On a related note, hasn't someone translated Cpanel interface into Japanese, Russian, Italian, Chinese etc? Any freeware I could download?

8. marius

marius Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Each time cpanel adds new lines you will be able to find it at the very bottom of the english language file.

Simply just add the same lines in your NEWLANGUAGE file.

9. marius

marius Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

You don't have to associate a domain withe a newlanguage file. In cpanel interface there is an option "change language". Your client will be able to change the language as he see fit.

But, if you want to specify the language file for a domain, in WHM go to modify account, select the account and then select the language.

10. erick_paper

Thanks marius, that's great!

Now does anyone have translated versions in Japanese, Chinese, Spanish, and Russian? Thanks very much in advance.

11. FlyingDude

FlyingDude Registered

I do have traditional and simplified Chinese Lang file translated. Possible need some polish if I have the time. Also, Japanese and Korean lang file is on the way.

Here's my problem. For each account created that is using the translated lang file, it will all become some messed up characters. What I found is, I saved the file into UTF-8 encoding, and the cPanel is using ISO. Is there a way to make this work? Thanks much for all the help I could get.

I am attaching the Traditional and Simplified files(Saved in UTF-8 Format) for everyone to mess with. And these attached file are free for all with two little requests:
    1. If you ever figure out how to make this work, please do let me know. My email address: franktse72@hotmail.com
    2. Pease retain the last 2 addition comment lines if that does not trouble you. The reason? I wanna be known too =P

Attached Files:

12. FlyingDude

FlyingDude Registered

Anyone found a solution about the encoding problem yet? If so, please let me know about it. Thanks much!!

13. andyzhu

andyzhu Registered

I have gotten this done by edit the stdheader.html under directory /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x (if you use other theme, you should go to edit the same file under the theme directory).
    replace the meta line:
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
    with this
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
    so your browser will automatically pickup the charset UTF-8

I have no idea if there is side effect for other language. so far I have seen any thing wrong with chinese yet.

by the way, if anyone knows how to get horde into chinese, please let me know.

-Andy

14. Arturas-M

Arturas-M Registered

Hello,

I have the some problem. Change encoding you can by entering:

perl -pi -e 's/charset\=iso\-8859\-1/charset\=utf\-8/g;' /bin/ls /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/*/stdheader.html
    perl -pi -e 's/charset\=iso\-8859\-1/charset\=utf\-8/g;' /bin/ls /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/*/files/*.html
    perl -pi -e 's/charset\=iso\-8859\-1/charset\=utf\-8/g;' /bin/ls /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/*/*.html

Unfortunately, after some cPanel updates, you must repeat this job.

15. brendanrtg

brendanrtg Well-Known Member

We created our own version of the simplified chinese language file and is in the process of creating files for japanese and other languages.

However, the fonts seems to be too small and we are working on it.

Feel free to comment and try out our version with the following demo account:

/http://64.88.157.20:2082
    User: language
    Pass: demo123

If there is anything you would like to comment or suggest, please post a reply in this thread.

Thank you.