SOLVED MultiPHP INI Editor exposing PHP version 7.2

bloatedstoat

Jun 14, 2012
Victoria, Australia
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi,

In all of our PHP versions I have expose_php set to off in the php.ini files.

However; there is no option to modify PHPv7.2 within the MultiPHP INI Editor, it's not listed for me. The highest listed in the drop down is ea-php71.

I checked a few sites on our server that use this version and the PHP version is being exposed in the X-Powered-By header ( X-Powered-By => PHP/7.2.6 )

Code:
HTTP/1.1 200 OK =>
Date => Thu, 14 Jun 2018 00:43:00 GMT
Server => Apache
X-Powered-By => PHP/7.2.6
Expires => Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT
Cache-Control => no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate
Pragma => no-cache
Vary => Accept-Encoding,User-Agent
Connection => close
Content-Type => text/html; charset=UTF-8
Can someone advise why I have no ea-php72 in my MultiPHP INI Editor drop down so I can turn expose_php to off for this version.

Thanks.

We're using CLOUDLINUX 6.9 standard v70.0.48 with CageFS

bloatedstoat

Jun 14, 2012
Victoria, Australia
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Okay sussed this one out.

We use Cloudlinux with CageFS. There is an alt-php72 in the MultiPHP INI editor drop down, I edited this file and set expose_php to Off and ran cagefsctl --force-update.

PHP version is no longer being exposed in the headers. So this one is solved.

Thank you.

24x7server

Apr 17, 2013
India
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Hi,
However; there is no option to modify PHPv7.2 within the MultiPHP INI Editor, it's not listed for me. The highest listed in the drop down is ea-php71.
Check the easyapache 4 section and verify if required version of PHP is installed or not. If it is installed, try reinstalling it..

bloatedstoat

Jun 14, 2012
Victoria, Australia
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Thanks for the reply; 7.2 is deployed on the server and sites are running under that version successfully.
I found in the drop down there are 'alt' php versions up to and including 7.2. So it is installed and I was able to (as per response to my own thread) modify the ini file and turn expose_php to off.
The ea-php72 is not showing in the drop down - alt-php72 is.
Cheers.

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hi @bloatedstoat

I'm glad you found the resolution for the issue! It does sound like you have only alt-php 7.2 installed on the server not ea-php72 - this is totally fine and you shouldn't need to make any changes since you've resolved the issue but would explain why it's not present in the drop-down.