Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

SOLVED MultiPHP Manager "API Failure" failed to find domain

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by ItsMattSon, Mar 19, 2018.

1. ItsMattSon

ItsMattSon Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi cPanel,

Would you know why a red warning prompt pops up every time I enter the MultiPHP Manager in WHM?

I used to have a domain called prod.domain.com.au but not anymore. For some reason, it seems to think I do and tries to find it?

Any ideas?

API failure: Failed to find the domain(s): “prod.domain.com.au”. at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/PHP/Config.pm line 255. Cpanel::PHP::Config::_get_php_config_for_domains(0, ARRAY(0x4304958)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/PHP/Config.pm line 275 Cpanel::PHP::Config::get_php_config_for_domains(ARRAY(0x4304958)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/PHPFPM/Inventory.pm line 55 Cpanel::PHPFPM::Inventory::get_inventory() called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/PHPFPM/Utils.pm line 216 Cpanel::PHPFPM::Utils::get_fpm_enabled_domains() called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/PHPFPM/Utils.pm line 156 Cpanel::PHPFPM::Utils::get_fpm_count_and_utilization() called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/API/1/Lang/PHP.pm line 526 Whostmgr::API::1::Lang::PHP::get_fpm_count_and_utilization(HASH(0x29dc028), HASH(0x4053df8), HASH(0x4061d98)) called at whostmgr/bin/xml-api.pl line 3109 whostmgr::bin::xml_api::__ANON__(HASH(0x4053df8), HASH(0x29dc028), HASH(0x4061d98), CODE(0x4044a60)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/API/1/Data/Wrapper.pm line 219 Whostmgr::API::1::Data::Wrapper::__ANON__() called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/524/lib64/perl5/cpanel_lib/Try/Tiny.pm line 99 eval {...} called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/524/lib64/perl5/cpanel_lib/Try/Tiny.pm line 90

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    ItsMattSon likes this.
  3. ItsMattSon

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi @cPanelMichael,

It seems to have stopped the error in question, but now I get something else entirely haha. This is the part I followed

So I removed the prod.domain.com.au .cache and .yaml and reloaded the MultiPHP Manager and the red API Failure notice didn't come up again so I thought it was all sorted, and then this showed up in a yellow "Acknowledge" bubble:

Attached screenshot in case that helps. Don't want to hit Acknowledge, I'm afraid that will simply silence the issue?

Have tried restarting server, updating system, turning off/on domains using PHP-FPM. Not sure what is next..

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello Matt,

You can use the following command to search for orphaned PHP-FPM configuration files:

Code:
    /scripts/php_fpm_config --check
    I've seen this happen in the past when an orphaned PHP-FPM configuration file exists in the /opt/cpanel/ea-php$$/root/etc/php-fpm.d/ directory.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    ItsMattSon likes this.
  5. ItsMattSon

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi @cPanelMichael,

Thanks! That did the trick! No more old configuration error :)

The output had this, so I deleted the file.

Orphaned Files (PHP FPM Config files without the cPanel YAML file)
    /opt/cpanel/ea-php70/root/etc/php-fpm.d/prod.domain.com.au.conf

Much appreciated! I'm all sorted now.

cPanelMichael likes this.
  6. thewebexpert

thewebexpert Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This happened to me as well! thank you for the post! fixed the problem.... I believe it was because the domain was expired and posted away, but the client parked a new domain on top of the old one .... leaving leftovers ....

cPanelMichael likes this.