The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MultiPHP Manager change from 7 to 5.6 not working

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by jonh, Oct 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. jonh

jonh Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I need to make one of my domains/accounts use ea-php56 instead of 7, so in the domain's cpanel, I go to multiphp and change the version to ea-php56. I look in WHM for this account and can confirm it also says ea-php56 there too. I refresh cpanel and it says ea-php56. I restart apache and it still says ea-php56.

BUT in cpanel if I click on "Server Information", it says "PHP Version 7.0.11" for the domain.

How do I get the domain to use ea-php56 and not 7?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

That data is cached, but you can manually update it by running the following command:

Code:
    /scripts/findphpversion
    Let us know if that helps.

Thank you.

3. linux4me2

linux4me2 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Using EA4 on WHM 58 build 31, I have PHP 7 as the system PHP version, and an account's cPanel reports the system version even if the account itself is set for PHP 5.6 in MultiPHP Manager. If I run phpinfo() on the site, it reports it's running 5.6 as it should be, and I can see the setting for the correct version of PHP in the .htaccess for each account, too. I think the problem is that cPanel's Server Information displays the system version, not the version set for an account, unless the cache isn't updated during cPanel updates. I've had this setup for at least a month.

4. ribo

ribo Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello i use also EA4 on WHM 58 build 31 and i have one domain php 7 and when you have inherit version php 5.6 and you change the domain to inherit it s not change to 5.6. If you want to change it you must put in domain 5.6 and not inherit to change the php version. This issue was not in previous whm version as i was remember when i was install WHM 58( i was checked it before)

5. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

It's by design the "Server Information" page in cPanel displays the default version of PHP configured on the server via:

"WHM Home » Software » MultiPHP Manager"

There's no default version of PHP for accounts. Instead, it's configured on a per-domain basis. You can browse to "cPanel > MultiPHP Manager" to see which specific PHP versions are configured for each domain name.

Could you let us know how this behavior is affecting the accounts on the server?

Thank you.

linux4me2 likes this.
  6. ribo

ribo Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have System PHP Version 5.6 so all domains are inherit(in this case 5.6). When i change a domain from inherit to php 7 it is change to php 7. When i change again the same domain from php 7 to inherit it s not change to 5.6 as System PHP Version is but it stay to php 7. All the other domains are inherit and i did n t change them and there are 5.6

7. ribo

ribo Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Ok, sorry this is my mistake. I had the domain php 7 and the subdomain was inherit as php 7. When i changed the domain as inherit and subdomain as inherit everything goes as System PHP Version

8. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm happy to see it's working well. Thanks for updating us with the outcome.