Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MultiPHP Manager interface bug

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bouvrie, Dec 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. bouvrie

bouvrie Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    On my server (CENTOS 7.2 x86_64 kvm – WHM 60.0 build 26), MultiPHP manager interface is rather buggy, indeterminately reporting that sites run or don't PHP-FPM handler inbetween JSON api requests. See the video below, in which I keep typing the 2 domain names that match my filter, and observe how the PHP-FPM status changes randomly:

youtube.com/watch?v=_wLDGtneE-I

I sniffed the JSON script it requests & it seems like it returns the proper values, so I suspect the issue lies in a javascript processing the data. This happens regardless of webbrowser used (Chrome in the video).

Going a bit offtopic, this bug occurring after the development hell that PHP-FPM support has undergone (finally it was there as a major feature in Release 60), makes me wonder about the cPanel's quality control. If something as simple as this interface manages to display serious misinformation, I fear for other interfaces... I find that I'm micro-managing my servers too much, while I believe cPanel/WHM should make management easier.

#1 bouvrie, Dec 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2016
  2. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I believe the bug you are reporting is fixed by HB-2022, which is merged into cPanel & WHM version 62. It stems from the way data is being transformed into JSON. Numeric, and boolean, data is sometimes being represented as a string instead of a number. That results in the "sometimes FPM is enabled, sometimes it isn't" behavior you are observing.

3. bouvrie

bouvrie Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Ah, good. Had to sift through my server looking for sites that were broken due to the interface misrepresenting the handler value. Quite annoying!