Multiple Account transfer not working

robocap

Nov 6, 2006
hi dear.
please check Main >> Server Configuration >> Tweak Settings and check Allow Creation of Parked/Addon Domains that resolve to other servers (ie domain transfers) [This can be a major security problem. If you must have it enabled, be sure to not allow users to park common internet domains.] and parked domain and create domain

good luck
bye

wimp

Jul 13, 2002
check also if you have popup blocker and firewall. Disable both has solved the problem.

InternetPEI

May 26, 2003
robocap - no difference :(

Wimp - nothing enabled and tried on ie/firefox

I switched servers recently at Ev1 and the moves went pretty smooth with this, but a client set a server up at hostgator and wanted me to move some of his sites there. I emailed hostgator and heres their reply:

It appears it isn't going to allow the copy via this method.
You'll need to login to the old server and under 'backups', generate a full backup.

Once you have a copy of it downloaded via the full backup section upload it to the new server and we'll restore it.
Thank you for your time!
But since I have about 30-40 sites I need to move of his and a few others that we own together, this is not an option due to the time it will take to do it all vs thee multicopy option.

Thanks

cPanelKenneth

cPanel Development
Staff member
Apr 7, 2006
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
robocap - no difference :(

Wimp - nothing enabled and tried on ie/firefox

I switched servers recently at Ev1 and the moves went pretty smooth with this, but a client set a server up at hostgator and wanted me to move some of his sites there. I emailed hostgator and heres their reply:

But since I have about 30-40 sites I need to move of his and a few others that we own together, this is not an option due to the time it will take to do it all vs thee multicopy option.

Thanks
Could you enumerate your problem(s) with a bit more detail please? Thank you.

Please also include which operating system you use and whether your platform is 32 or 64 bit. Thank you.

InternetPEI

May 26, 2003
One I am copying from is RHE at ev1 with 32bit

One I am copying to is CentOS 4.4 i686 with hostgator.

Thanks Jason

brianoz

Mar 13, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
You'll never get help with that complete lack of detail. How exactly are you doing the copy? What exact error messages do you get (copy and paste them)? What version of cpanel and WHM do you have on both the target and source systems?

Cpanel guys try to be helpful but they're not good at telepathy yet!

cPanelKenneth

cPanel Development
Staff member
Apr 7, 2006
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
One I am copying from is RHE at ev1 with 32bit

One I am copying to is CentOS 4.4 i686 with hostgator.

Thanks Jason
Since the transfer is between two different webhosts, you will probably have to perform the transfer via the backup scenario rather than using the provided account copy functions. With that said, when logged into the Hostgator server, can you view the accounts on the EV1 server when using the Multiple Account transfer function? If the answer is no, then please see my first statement in this post.

cPanelKenneth

cPanel Development
Staff member
Apr 7, 2006
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi Kenneth,

when using the multiaccount copy function, it just sits there on 0% and does nothing at all..

Thanks Jason
Do you mean then, that when using the multiple account transfer feature betweeen the EV1 and Hostgator servers, you at least reach the point of being able to select packages and accounts to transfer?

And that it dies after selecting packages/accounts clicking the Copy button?

Sorry for the seemingly repetative questions, I just want to be certain I fully understand the situation.

InternetPEI

May 26, 2003
Since the transfer is between two different webhosts, you will probably have to perform the transfer via the backup scenario rather than using the provided account copy functions. With that said, when logged into the Hostgator server, can you view the accounts on the EV1 server when using the Multiple Account transfer function? If the answer is no, then please see my first statement in this post.
Hi Kenneth,

when using any of the account copy functions, using the clients user/pass or root user/pass both show up as done right away and no errors..

Once I got an error after a few minutes of sitting doing nothing that said copy aborted.

when using the multiaccount copy function, it just sits there on 0% and does nothing at all..

Any other details I can provide that would help you?

Thanks Jason

jenlepp

Jul 4, 2005
Liberty Hill, TX
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
I had this problem after I changed to disallow direct root login - I had to go back and enable direct root login and put the new server's IP address in the firewall of the old and the Ip of the new in the old, and then it worked.

But with direct root logins disabled, I could not use the multi-copy function until I changed it. Not sure if this is your issue, but that was my issue and after I changed it temporarily, I was able to copy the whole server. With direct root logins disabled, I was still able to copy one account, but the multi-copy function was dead.

InternetPEI

May 26, 2003
I had this problem after I changed to disallow direct root login - I had to go back and enable direct root login and put the new server's IP address in the firewall of the old and the Ip of the new in the old, and then it worked.

But with direct root logins disabled, I could not use the multi-copy function until I changed it. Not sure if this is your issue, but that was my issue and after I changed it temporarily, I was able to copy the whole server. With direct root logins disabled, I was still able to copy one account, but the multi-copy function was dead.
Thanks, that may be the problem for my multicopy, but should that affect single accounts using the account password?

WestBend

Oct 12, 2003
Multi Account Copy Still Seems to be Broken.

Login with main account username and password. Click to use SU

Provided correct root password (verified several times)

Get a list of accounts and packages to transfer.

Select a single account for transfer (Testing new server so only moving one account)

Goes through the motions.

Here is the error message.
Code:
Packaging the account... 
""@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx's password: 
The password you provided is not correct. Trace Output: (	==sshcontroloutput==
""@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx's password: 
sshcmdpermissiondeny
)

Done
Transfer ErrorUnable to package account
Source Server :
Dual 2600 AMD
Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 3 (Taroon Update 8)
WHM 10.8.0 cPanel 10.9.0-R139
RedHat Enterprise 3 i686 - WHM X v3.1.0

Destination Server :
Dual Opteron
Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4 (Nahant Update 4)
WHM 10.8.0 cPanel 10.9.0-R139
RedHat Enterprise 4 i686 - WHM X v3.1.0

I hate allowing direct root login. I have not tried to transfer with direct root login.

WestBend

Oct 12, 2003
That doesen't fix the issue wimp and that requires dropping a security guard. Obviously it might work as a workaround however it is still broken in one of the ways it is meant to work.

kctt

Aug 26, 2005
I'm having problem with transfer multiple accounts
After fetching account list, choose accounts, press ok, then nothing happens.
After 1-2 minutes, IE shows dns error page on a new frame at the bottom.
I believe the page is scripts2/maincopy
Anyone else has problem with multiple accounts transfer?
Thanks.

WestBend

Oct 12, 2003
enabling root direct login still gives me a wrong password when it attempts to copy but the password has to be correct otherwise it shouldn't/couldn't be able to grab a list of accounts and packages to select them to be transferred.

WHM 10.8.0 cPanel 10.9.0-R7965

Both servers are running the same WHM version.

vinc_dc43

Jan 19, 2003
has anyone come up with a fix, I am encountering this issue on a release build for a 686 machine:

WHM 10.8.0 cPanel 10.9.0-R9808
RedHat Enterprise 4 i686 - WHM X v3.1.0

I receive sshcmdpermissiondeny on the second go around to copy the accounts.

vinc_dc43

Jan 19, 2003
ok well thx go to APC1 on the sshcmdpermissiondeny issue

you need to change the password on the source box to be ALPHANUMERIC only ... or atleast avoid special characters.

Why this fails only ont he second stage who knows!!!!

kavkav123

Jul 27, 2006
Same problem!

1.my password is simple (alphanumeric - 6 char)
2. root access
in stage 1 I can get the list of domains but after selecting domain(s) and click....
Error is:
Trace Output: (""@remoteserveraddress's password:
Permission denied, please try again.

sshcmdpermissiondeny)

I tried many ways but in all of them the answer was FAIL!

who can help me?

InternetPEI

May 26, 2003
Have you tried without the firewall running? That was an issue I had once, disabled the firewall on the old box and it worked good. Not the safest thing to do longterm, but may be worth a try.