I added this lines to : /etc/rc.ipfw

ipfw add allow ip from xxx.xxx.xxx.146 to xxx.xxx.xxx.20
ipfw add allow ip from xxx.xxx.xxx.20 to xxx.xxx.xxx.146

Problem Solved.:)

Last edited:

AlexV.

Jun 15, 2006
kavkav123:

Are you able to SSH from source server to target server and viceversa?

Have you tried resetting the passwords, perhaps select a simple password temporarily to rule out is an issue with the current characters/numbers used.

If you have further issues, please do not hesitate and open a ticket and we will look into it for you.

AlexV.

Jun 15, 2006
Never Mind, overlooked your last reply.

Glad to hear things are working. :D

vikins

Oct 3, 2006
Many of you still probably get this problem. If so, check the /etc/ssh/sshd_config file on the remote server (the one that has the account you want to move). See if there is an uncommented MaxAuthTries entry. If there is put a # in front of it and restart SSH. You can restart SSH from WHM, look under "Restart Services" for "SSH Server (OpenSSH)".

Once it has restarted try your transfer again. Worked for me. You can also try just restarting SSH and see if that works as well.

I figured this out by trying to SSH into the remote server from an SSH command line on the destination server. I received a message like this:

Received disconnect from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: 2: Too many authentication failures for root

Hope it helps somebody out there. :)

sukil

Nov 15, 2005
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi,

When I am trying to transfer accounts from one server to another using root password I am getting the following error after I click on "Copy".

Copying account package file (attempt 1)......Done
Verifying tarball checksum.....Checksum Failed.. The filecopy had a problem!
Expected Checksum [ab11a6ba7c6b4883210bb194ec52c9d4]
Actual Checksum []

It is attempting 3 times and then stopping permanently. I tried single as well as multiple accounts and had the same issue. I made the packages manually and then transferred manually by SSH to the other server and the unpacked on the other server - all very successfuly. It only indicates that the server does not have issues. WHM has issues in doing what it claims. I am using the same WHM on both the servers.

WHM 11.15.0 cPanel 11.18.6-S24739

So, what is wrong? Has anybody faced it also? Since I am using a Stable release I would not like to assume it is a bug.

Thank you

mydomain

Aug 10, 2003
Hi,

When I am trying to transfer accounts from one server to another using root password I am getting the following error after I click on "Copy".

Copying account package file (attempt 1)......Done
Verifying tarball checksum.....Checksum Failed.. The filecopy had a problem!
Expected Checksum [ab11a6ba7c6b4883210bb194ec52c9d4]
Actual Checksum []

It is attempting 3 times and then stopping permanently. I tried single as well as multiple accounts and had the same issue. I made the packages manually and then transferred manually by SSH to the other server and the unpacked on the other server - all very successfuly. It only indicates that the server does not have issues. WHM has issues in doing what it claims. I am using the same WHM on both the servers.

WHM 11.15.0 cPanel 11.18.6-S24739

So, what is wrong? Has anybody faced it also? Since I am using a Stable release I would not like to assume it is a bug.

Thank you
Still get this issue on multiple servers when transferring accounts - what is the fix for this - still a bug in cPanel/WHM ?

sukil

Nov 15, 2005
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi Mike,

I saw the issue got resolved after several cPanel updates. So now it should be working but I have not tested it since it started working. Are you using the latest release? I recommend you do a force update and see if it starts working. Please also post with your WHM version number so that others can also comment if they are having the same problem if they are using the same version.

Thank you,

mydomain

Aug 10, 2003
Getting it last few days using latest release, current and stable and same issue for each.

joem

Registered
Apr 18, 2007
I am getting this same problem.

"Generating Account Information from Remote Server
Fetching Domain Information... The password you provided is not correct.

Trace Output: ([email protected]'s password: ==sshcontroloutput==
[email protected].54.122's password:
sshcmdpermissiondeny
)

Done"

I was using the latest "stable" release but downgraded this morning to 11.23.2. Still no go.

I removed /root/.ssh/known_hosts Still nothing.

Changed my root password four times. 2 of those times I did it in ssh. Nothing.

Should I submit a ticket? or is there a fix for this? I don't really want to tar my backup hard drive as it would be well over 100gbs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!