The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple cPAddons Wordpress installs in one account?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jjd, Apr 18, 2014.

1. jjd

jjd Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    First let me say I have searched and searched and found many threads about this but none have had a solution that worked for me.

I am new to cPanel, in the past I have used ispconfig but now as I have more clients I thought something slightly more polished would be better for them.

I would like to be able to do a quick install of Wordpress from the cPAddon to multiple sub directories of the main public_html folder.

I have added multiple domains to the account and have a folder structure like this

public_html #root is domain1.com
    +domain2.com #subfolder is is domain2.com
    +domain3.com #subfolder is domain3.com

each subfolder was automatically made when adding the associated domain.

if I now install wordpress and select domain2.com from the drop down list and delete the contects of teh subdir textbox it correctly installs wordpres in public_html/domain2.com

but then if i do the same steps and select domain3.com from the drop down and delete the extra subfolder it gives me the error "There is already public_html install of this addon."

other threads have said it works or you cant install two copies to teh same folder, but I am obviously trying to install in two different subfolders within the root public_html.

if i install and select domain1.com from the drop down then enter a subfolder (eg. /wordpress) it will install fine.

so far as I can tell theres a disconnect between the install path and the selection made in the domain selection drop down box, it seems the system throws the error thinking anything install to the root of any domain is going to public_html.

that or I'm missing something....

any help would be great, if its hard to understand my setup or the selections I have picked I am happy to take some screen shots if that helps

2. Michael-Inet

Michael-Inet Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello jjd,

I do what you're describing with Drupal all the time. But, I'm not using an automated installer...

It looks like the problem is with the "cPAddon" you're using, so you might check with them? Worst case manually install Wordpress in each subfolder/domainX.com.

Best,
    Michael

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Could you clarify why you are removing the entries that are populated automatically? It might help if you post a screenshot of what you are entering.

Thanks.

4. jjd

jjd Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I remove the automatic sub directory because I wish to have wordpress installed to the root of the domain not in a sub dir.
    I will post a screenshot this evening.

Thanks!

5. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You can not install multiple instances of WordPress in the same directory. The required files would conflict with one another. You must install each instance of WordPress in a separate subdirectory.

Thank you.

6. jjd

jjd Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    again as i said in my initial post I am not trying to install them in the same directory. I have each domain hosted in a subfolder under public_html I want wordpress to be installed into that subfolder

public_html
    +Domain1.com
    +Domain2.com
    +Domain3.com

I want wordpress installed in each of these subfolders. I can do it manually but its much easier for clients to do the quick install.
    If i leave the default subfolder on the wordpress setup it installs like this.

public_html
    +Domain1.com
    +wordpress
    +Domain2.com
    +wordpress
    +Domain3.com
    +wordpress

so to get to wordpress on domain1 you need to goto http://domain1.com/wordpress/ yes there is a workaround but again I would like this to be as easy as possible and there's no reason why it should not work.

7. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You may install directly into a domain's document root by leaving the installation URL's path blank. Does it not work when you leave it blank?

Thank you.

8. jjd

jjd Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thats exactly what I am doing, and I can do it once but not for a second domain. when I try to install wordpress on a second domain it says "There is already public_html install of this addon" I believe that the addon installer mistakes the root of a domain for the root of public_html

9. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Feel free to open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look. You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

10. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    It seems to me that what you describe is by design. The documentation should be helpful here:
    How to use Wordpress with cPanel - cPanel Documentation

11. cloud99

cloud99 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I see this question asked many times but never an answer.

Presume this is an issue with CPanel 'Site Software' installer, which is very handy, please keep it around!

When you go to install Wordpress in the ROOT of a SUB.domain, it comes up with the error:

"There is already public_html install of this addon."

Surely the Root of a new and unique sub.domain DOES NOT conflict with the main CPanel's Domain root... Since the Sud domain is in a subfolder of the Public_HTML folder?

ScreenShot1870.jpg

12. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator