The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

multiple domain accounts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mrm, Oct 9, 2002.

1. mrm

mrm Registered

hey all,

i'm new to cPanel so if this is a duplicate question, i'm sorry.

Basically I'm coming in from hsphere and i need some help...on hsphere you can have multiple domains with multiple folders running different websites per account, can you do that with cPanel?

If yes, please let me know how..

If not, whats the next reasonable solution?

Thank You!

2. Tom Pyles

Tom Pyles Well-Known Member

Look for the option in Cpanel for 'Add-on' domains. This will do what you are asking ;) Each Add-on sits in its own sub-directory, with its own stats, etc.

3. mrm

mrm Registered

hey tom

thanks!

but acutally i'm looking for like you can add

blah.com

and then wahoo.com and under the &www&

there is like &www/&root&& or &www/wahoo.com&

i tried the addon domain but its not working the way that im asking it to.

I dont want to &forward& it to the same site

I want to have multiple sites with mulitple files. =)

thanks!

4. Marty

Marty Well-Known Member

Add on domains do allow you to have multiple domains, each pointing to different content. Parked domains all point to the same content.

Example: If I set up an account for domain1.com with username = domain1, then the public root directory for that account would be /home/domain1/public_html.

If I then go to my control panel and add an addon domain called domain2.com specifying domain2 as the user/subdomain, then cpanel creates subdirectory in domain1.com's public root called domian2 and points domain2.com to that space so that the public root directory for domain2.com is /home/domain1/public_html/domain2.

You can keep adding addon domains in a similar fashion to have multiple domains all pointing to different content.

That being said, this is not the appropriate means to use for a reseller setup as each of these addon domains does not get it's own control panel. For multidomain reseller accounts, you need to set the clients account up as a reseller account in WHM so that they have access to their own WHM where they can setup domain accounts.

5. mrm

mrm Registered

Ok, thanks! that really helps its basically I needed to know that since i have customers with a few websites of thier own, they want to run within thier own control panel.