Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Multiple domain hosting w/o reseller status

Discussion in 'Database Discussion' started by BraveX, Apr 29, 2005.

1. BraveX

BraveX Well-Known Member

Hello. I have two questions I hope you can assist me with. I'm new to Cpanel and just installed it recently.

1) Some of my customers have multiple domains. I would like to allow them to add additional domains to their main account. I understand that this can be done using the "Addon" domains feature. Can they also use their databases with these added-on domains? (Example.. main account is myaccount.com... second domain added to account is domain2.com... account has 3 databases... 2 used by myaccount.com and 3rd database to be used by domain2.com).

I wish to do the above without enabling reseller status. Can it be done? How?

2) When I try to add an Addon domain, I get an error message saying that the IP does not match. How do I disable this (my customers need to be able to move their files before transferring dns so there is no downtime).

Thanks in advance for any assistance.