The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple domains email to pop accounts

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Agent 86, Jun 1, 2003.

1. Agent 86

Agent 86 Registered

Ok if I use addon domains or parked domains it appears I have to setup the main pop account and a fowarder from the second domain for email.

What I want and was trying is client has two domains.

They setup their email account
    They have an addon domain of secondarydomain.com

fred@primarydomain.com

We want
    fred@secondarydomain.com to automaticaly to fred@primarydomain.com

As it stands you need to setup a forwarder from the secondary domain to the primary domain.

I have seen this process work with mail servers before but not sure how to get it to work with cpanel. You type in either domain name URL and get the home page ok.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. danimal

danimal Well-Known Member

did you get an answer?

Agent 86,

Did you ever get an answer to this problem? I'm stick with the same problem myself. I have a client with a domain but we registered the .com, .org and .net versions of it. So I want to set up foo@domain.com and have the .org and .net versions do the same thing (i.e., if foo is a forwarder, then foo@domain.org should forward the same way... if foo is a mail account, than foo@domain.org should drop into the same mail box).

Thoughts anyone?

Danimal :cool:

3. agent86

agent86 Registered

Danimal I did not get an answer. I had to setup a lot of fowarders.

4. pubwvj

pubwvj Active Member

I had this for years (10?) under Plesk and another control using the MX records and it worked great. Then I moved to CPanel/WHM and it won't work at all. It seems that CPanel/WHM are ignoring the MX edits even though they allow you to modify the MX records. This has been very painful. Lots of wasted time on the part of my service provider and myself. I still don't have a solution although Daniel at CPanel said it should work if you:

Sadly this has not worked. MX are the elegant solution to this problem and I can't figure out why they aren't working for me under CPanel/WHM. I've posted about this in another thread but there has been no resolution.

So, like you I ended up doing a lot of forwarders... A LOT! :( :( :( Eight domains times dozens of emailbox addresses in each. They all forward into one domain and then that domain does the sorting, filtering, spamAssassin so the mail is ready for pickup in POP3 mailboxes.

I would REALLY like to see the MX records fixed. I have submitted a bug report on this. Please do to since this is what is causing your trouble. Hopefully CPanel will understand that this is a serious issue and fix it.

5. RRRRyan

RRRRyan Registered

I agree with pubwvj this is silly! It is not a "would be nice" it is a "should've never been without" :eek: Again, if anyone solves this please post the solution!!!

6. tomakaze

tomakaze Member

This MUST be fixed!

7. cPanelNick

cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    There are domain forwarders in EDGE and CURRENT builds in the mail menu.