The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple domains, one IP (VPS)

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by Inadrop, May 5, 2015.

1. Inadrop

Inadrop Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi,

Beginner to intermediate skill level here.

I have been reading these forums and searching but could not find the answer I was looking for.

I just recently bought a cPanel license for cPanel and WHM. I also bought a VPS server and installed CentOS 6.5 x32.

I bought multiple domains at another registrar party.

I want to host these domains on the VPS server (1 IP-address) with cPanel. I have read that it's possible to have addon domains, however from the information I have gathered it does not seem to be exactly what I want.

I want to have www.example1.com, www.example2.com www.example3.com as opposed to www.example.com/1, www.example.com/2, www.example.com/3

Can I achieve this with the add-on feature without any kinds of re-directs or pointing to other folders/servers?

Secondly, if I want to buy SSL certificates, will it suffice to buy one for all domains (because it is one IP address) or will I need a wildcard or something similar? I have read different stories and opinions about this.

Best

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

1. You can simply create separate cPanel accounts for each domain name using Web Host Manager unless you need all of the domain names to be under the same cPanel account.

2. You will need to purchase separate SSL certificates for each individual domain name. cPanel supports SNI, which allows for the installation of multiple SSL certificates on the same IP address.

Thank you.

Inadrop likes this.
  3. Inadrop

Inadrop Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Awesome! Thanks a lot Michael!

4. Inadrop

Inadrop Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi Michael,

One question that I forgot to ask. Do I need to buy separate cPanel licenses for each domain? I am hosting it on one VPS with only 1 IP address, hence why I am not sure whether or not I need multiple cPanel licenses, or I can just install multiple cPanel accounts.

5. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator