The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

multiple domains, same hosting account

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sue thompson, Apr 12, 2015.

1. sue thompson

sue thompson Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner

I do not think this is answering the question. If someone used or uses other hosting control panels like Plesk of H-Sphere, there was always an option to add another domain to a hosting account as an end user in the control panel. This would create a new web folder for the site files and when you clicked on functions, liek to admin email, it would present you with your list of domains to select which one you want to admin the email for.

With cpanel it is confusing and this feature does not exist. When you "add-on" a domain it automatically adds it as a secondary domain in your web folder.

What I am doing right now is setting up each domain as a new user in WHM. I have multiple domains and I will add them this way and administer each having their own control panel. This is very clunky and I figure there MUST be a better solution in cpanel. I am a reseller, so I can do that and set up a private plan group to put them against. But, what is my end user supposed to do? Does anyone know how to effectively manage multiple TLDs in one cpanels hosting account interface?

Thanks

Voila likes this.
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator