The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple Domains

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by +chrisR, Oct 25, 2004.

1. +chrisR

+chrisR Member

I just switched webhosting companies from an Ensim Control Panel to Cpanel. On my last account under Ensim I was able to hold 2 domain names and seperate them. I own w0o.org and roffle.com.

For example; If I were to enter www.w0o.org(still on my old host) into my web browser, I would be looking at w0o.org - and same with roffle.com However, with Cpanel's Addon Domain and Domain parking system, every time I access w0o.org it takes me to roffle.com's index. I was forced to redirect w0o.org to w0o.roffle.com.

Now, Cpanel being the leading Web Control Panel for administrators and clients I had assumed I could utilize both domain names by seperating the two into sub accounts allowing both domain names to utilize their own root directory without redirecting to a sub domain on the parent domain name.

Please, if there is a way to make this work I would appriciate the information. I'd hate to have to revert back to Ensim! This feature is very important to me as you can probably tell.

Thanks

2. BenThomas

BenThomas Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Parked domains point to another domain's web root. Addon Domains have a folder in publc_html as their webroot. If you need complete seperation of the two domains, then you'll need two seperate user accounts on the server.

3. dug

dug Registered

I have the same question, minus the confusion over parked domains. I need complete separation of two domains, and I paid page-zone for a 2-domain account. How do I now add that domain to the same account?

TIA,
    doug

4. +chrisR

+chrisR Member

Would it be possible to set a user up as a Reseller under Cpanel with a limit of 2 domains? Simply splitting all the resources between the two similar to Ensim.

5. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

Once you make an account be a reseller account, you can go to "edit reseller privileges" and set all kinds of limits.