The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple e-mail only domains, how?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by vikins, Jun 12, 2007.

1. vikins

vikins Well-Known Member

Question Summary:
    Can I create an Addon Domain using the x3 theme WITHOUT it automatically creating a SubDomain?

More Info:
    I have a client with 6 domain names. He doesn't want any web hosting, just e-mail. So I wanted to set him up with the new x3mail theme and give him access to create e-mail accounts for all 6 domains under one cPanel.

My first thought was to create a "main" account and then create 5 Addon Domains. To do this I had to switch the "main" account to use the x3 theme so that I had access to create Addon Domains through the client cPanel. I'll switch it back to x3mail when I'm done.

But here is where the problem comes. When I create a new Addon Domain it also forces me to create a new FTP account AND it automatically creates a subdomain. The problem with this is that when the client goes to create a new e-mail account both the Addon Domain and the SubDomain appear in the drop down box. This looks really confusing to the client. I'd like to either have cPanel NOT create these subdomains or find a simple way to remove them from the drop down box so it isn't confusing to the client when they are creating new e-mail accounts.

Alternate question:
    Is there a better way to create an e-mail only setup for multiple domains under a single cPanel?

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide me. :)

vikins

2. jrehmer

jrehmer Well-Known Member

Someone else may have found a better solution, but if you're wanting to use the x3mail theme you really can't use addon domains.

3. vikins

vikins Well-Known Member

Thanks for replying. I understand that from the x3mail theme you can't create or manage addon domains. But if you temporarily switch it to x3, create the addon domains, then switch it back to x3mail, then addon domains remain intact and still appear in the drop down box when creating new e-mail accounts.

So, I think that part of it works. But I just wish I wasn't forced to also create an FTP and a subdomain as well. Mainly the problem is the subdomain as it shows up in the drop down box and looks really strange and out of place.

Anybody know if this behavior can be changed? :confused:

Thank you
    vikins