The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple easy newby questions! :-)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by himagain, Aug 19, 2005.

1. himagain

himagain Registered

Hello!
    New FULL WHM user on a dedicated Server. Should have done it years ago! :)
    BUT can't find the following answers:

1. New Account details are not being sent to the designated email after setup. A copy comes to me. Have tried all 3 options - Reseller Owner/reseller no checks at all same result.

2. ALL of the new accounts are listed as Resellers! Can't see how to undo that in a hurry! :eek:

3. What is "establishing a trust relationship" about?

4. I would like to change the default requirement for all user requiring to enter their full email address as in their email clients, so it is literally only user not user @domain.com as it used to be on our old Hosted Reseller Server. ( I will have to go thru 60 names adding it)

Easy?

Thanks! :confused:

2. adept2003

adept2003 Well-Known Member

"New Account Details" are intended for the reseller only. Entering the email address for the user in the "Create Account" area will only assosiate the email address with that account - used for password reset by email (not recommended!) and "email all users".

Then stop creating them as resellers!! When you create a new account, make sure you don't tick the "reseller" checkbox. To undo it, you should go into WHM -> Reseller Center ->Remove reseller privileges: select the account from the list, and click ok.

As far as I know, its a depreciated feature, replaced by clustering. You shouldn't need to worry about it.

There isn't an easy way to do that... why would you want to do it anyway?! :D