Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

multiple email forwarder recipients

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by kirkilj, Jul 14, 2006.

1. kirkilj

kirkilj Registered

This question applies to the "Mail" control panel. Is there a way to enter multiple recipients of a forwarder without entering each one separately, perhaps by editing a file or running a script? Is there no way to import a few hundred forwarders?

2. Stefaans

Stefaans Well-Known Member

The forwarders and default address are saved in /etc/valiases/client_domain_name.com. It is a simple text file that the root user can edit directly via SSH.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kirkilj

kirkilj Registered

multiple forwarders

Stefaans,

I should have mentioned that I am not a hosting company. I am an end-user who doesn't have access to THE /etc direcotry of course. Using File Manager, I can see that there is an etc/domain-name directory in our root directory, but I didn't see anything in there except for passwd, shadow, and quota files. I don't suppose I could place a forwarding file there and have it magically augment or override the one in THE etc folder.

Thanks for the reply,

John

4. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

You can enter comma seperated lists.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...