The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple Email Forwarders

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Triden, Oct 20, 2003.

1. Triden

Triden Member

Hello,

wanna make an email list that will forward to multiple people at once. So if someone sends an email to help@domain.com itll forward that email to 4 individual help people. Anyone know how to do this within cpanel? Thanks

2. SarcNBit

SarcNBit Well-Known Member

Put a comma between the addresses when setting up the forwarder and you will see individual forwarders setup to each address.

For example:

help@domain.com

Forward To:

user1@domain.com,user2@domain.com,user3@domain.com

3. Jason Dunn

Jason Dunn Registered

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. Makes you wonder though, doesn't it, why:

1) This isn't mentioned at the bottom of the screen when setting up a forward, forcing me to waste time trying to find the answer

2) There isn't a more elegant way of setting this up. It's obscenely ugly to have then all listed on their own line, because it makes figuring out who's on what alias difficult.

Does anyone who works on Cpanel read these threads to take this as a feature request? I like Cpanel a lot, it's more functional than anything else I've ever used, but in this one area it's far behind even free tools such as Webmin. :(

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Yes, the procedure on how to request an enhancement is specified on the support page. Details here:
    http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=38350

The best way to do something like this is probably to create an announcement list using mailman which is designed for that purpose.

5. BruceScherzinge

BruceScherzinge Registered

Actually, it would be quite nice to have bulk forwarder creation and removal, similar to MailMan's bulk subscribe/unsubscribe feature. Even though you can create several forwarders on one line for one address (multi-forward), creating a large list of forwarders to make a homogeneous "community" of addresses is not practical one at a time. I will post a feature request on bugzilla for this.