The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple html in public html folder for website.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AndyFinner, Oct 16, 2011.

1. AndyFinner

AndyFinner Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    So I seem to have hit a problem with my site, and I'm trying to upload multiple html's into the public html folder ( 3 Different webpages on my site.) I have all the redirects my site requires to make it from page to page, but I don't know how to make a specific main page, because when you enter my site name; I get the following problem.
    [h=1]Index of /
    Index1.html
    Index2.html
    Login.html
    [/h]
    Along with this, The pictures on my site are broken, which would seem to be impossible as I have a source code copied :s

2. linux7802

linux7802 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Dear Andy,

I would like to recommend you create the .htaccess file under the public_html directory and make sure that which index page you want to show as default index page for your website, for example I am using Index1.html as default index page then insert the following code in the .htaccess file and now browse the web site, your web site will show the Index1.html only...enjoy :)

DirectoryIndex Index1.html

3. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Or just rename one of those pages to index.html much easier to understand. ;)