Multiple IP addresses on Proxmox Container Centos 7 Issue

imrans

Jan 29, 2020
Pakistan
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Dear all,

I am have installed Centos 7 as my Old server is running Centos 6 and I have noticed that centos is going to EOL in November 2020 . So I want to migrate to new OS 7.
Here is the details :-
I am having OVH Dedicated Server .
I am running Host with Proxmox 6.2-4 on my Dedicated Server
Then I have created a container and added 3 IP address in Proxmox eth0, eth1, eth2

I am trying to have multiple IP address to multiple cpanel accounts. but the issue is multiple IPs in centos 7 are not working as cpanel ipaliases are not working properly.

Anyone having this issue or can help please. I have gone through lots of forums from cpanel, proxmox and ovh all but nothing working .

i have tried by disabling network manager .
I have tried using bridge configuration from ovh,

Please, Please anyone help me with Centos 7 and Cpanel .

Thank you

GOT

Get Proactive!
PartnerNOC
Apr 8, 2003
Chesapeake, VA
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
I suspect the problem is that you've added the three IP addresses to three different interfaces.

Remote the other two interfaces from the vm, reboot the VM and then add the extra IPs using hte WHM ADd IP Address function. Should work fine, but I believe cPanel expects all the IPs to be on the same interface.

imrans

Jan 29, 2020
Pakistan
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

I have removed the two interfaces from container in proxmox and rebooted the container, after that I have added two ips from cpanel add ip address option but no luck, I have rebuild the ip pool as well .

actually I am trying this since 3rd installation of container and having same problem all the time . it is not that simple .

anyone give it a try as this is OVH dedicated server where proxmox is installed and then there is container where centos 7 is installed . after checking many forums about cpanel and centos 7 issue found something related with network manager on virtual machine but could not get it done .

please advise
Thank you

cPSamuelM

Technical Analyst Team Lead
Staff member
Nov 20, 2019
USA
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator

imrans

Jan 29, 2020
Pakistan
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

As I have mentioned above that Network manager was mentioned in many of the forums but that did not helped me in this case. so Please if someone can get it fixed somehow .

There will be something related with routing for sure, but how no idea .

Thank you in advance

cPSamuelM

Technical Analyst Team Lead
Staff member
Nov 20, 2019
USA
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello @imrans

I apologize for the misunderstanding. I thought you meant to say you found that your issue was related to Network Manager, but you could not figure out how to disable it. I now understand that was not what you meant.

I would encourage you to submit a support ticket via the link in my signature. Note that our Technical Analysts will not be able to modify your server's network configuration on your behalf, but we may be able to review the existing configuration and point you in the right direction to resolving the issue.

Best regards

imrans

Jan 29, 2020
Pakistan
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello

I have already open a ticket and it is escalated to level 2 and I am waiting for that.

Just to let you know that as Cpanel guide that we have not to add more than one interface in virtual machine in case we have to use the multiple ips which is not correct. as I am using centos 6.10 final on old server where I have added 5 interfaces in proxmox virtual machine (container) and it is working fine without any issue.

So Please try to find the solution as I am costing it every day to have two servers . I have to move centos 6 to centos 7.

Thank you
Imran

Reactions: SpeTTer