The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple mysql remote servers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by copilas12, Oct 13, 2009.

1. copilas12

copilas12 Registered

Hey guys.

I want to make something like this:
    -i have a cpanel web server, let's say: 192.168.1.2
    -i have a mysql server with 4 mysql running instances on 4 different ports with 4 IP's: 192.168.1.3:1234 ; 192.168.1.4:1235 ; 192.168.1.5:1236 ; 192.168.1.5:1236

I want to know if i can setup all these servers for remote mysql in cpanel. What i need is that when i create a new account, and when i login to cpanel, when i click mysql databases, i want to select the remote server where i will create the database.
    Can this be done ?
    It works with one remote mysql server with standard port.
    Any help or ideas will be appreciated.
    Thanks,

Raul

2. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    At the present time only one MySQL server is supported at a time. While it would involve more setup work, it is technically possible to manually install and configure a custom phpMyAdmin installation, and then also manually configure any hosted scripts to use the desired MySQL server hostname or IP address and applicable port numbers.

I recommend to consider requesting multiple MySQL server functionality as a feature request in the following area on our forums; this will help bring more attention to your request and if enough interest gathers it may be considered for implementation:
    Feature Requests for cPanel and WHM - cPanel Forums

3. Spiral

Spiral BANNED

Can this be done? Absolutely and I have done it many times!

However, this is something that has to be done manually and there is a bit of work to get it working correctly and a bit more work to prevent Cpanel from blowing it away at the next system update.

Unless you are already very comfortable setting up MySQL clustering, I would highly advise against setting up such a configuration anyway.

4. copilas12

copilas12 Registered

Hey

Thanks for your responses.
    I will think about clustering, but right now i have all those 4 mysql servers into one linux server.
    So i wanted without clustering and proxy and roundrobin

Spiral, can you give me a clue for starting? Or what to consider for starting ?
    Or some steps that i have to make.

Thanks.