MichaelW.

May 31, 2018
Sweden
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello!

I am wondering if there are any good ways of changing ownership of cPanel accounts in WHM to multiple reseller accounts.

The reason I want to do this is because I want to be able to control the users in our environment by not having them be root users (as that is the only way I have got it to work so far). This is because of security reasons.

Or, if there are any other workarounds, feel free to mention them.

To clarify, we want our reseller users to be able to see every cPanel account in WHM.

Jcats

PartnerNOC
May 25, 2011
New Jersey
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Reactions: MichaelW.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

There's no supported way of assigning multiple owners to a single account at this time. I encourage you to vote and add feedback to the following feature request, as it looks to match the functionality you are seeking:

multiple named accounts per reseller

Thank you.

Reactions: MichaelW.

MichaelW.

May 31, 2018
Sweden
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Not possible natively.

You'd have to do this all in your own backend using the API

WHM API 1 Functions - create_user_session - Developer Documentation - cPanel Documentation

Not sure how you'd do it exactly but in your backend you would assign the cPanel usernames to each reseller account(not whm reseller but your own)

and then you could use the api create_user_session to allow the reseller to access each username that you assigned.
Hello, and thanks for the information!
Unfortunately I think I do not have the required experience to be working with backend API right now. (I have no experience in that at all, I am new to WHM, cPanel, Wordpress, web management in general actually)

I think my solution will be to make a shared reseller account for the users I do not wish to give root access to, and then put all cPanel accounts ownership to that shared reseller account.
It would have been best to have separate accounts for them, but I think this solution works pretty well too. (main problem is they should just not have root access!)

Reactions: cPanelMichael