The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple problems on server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ashd, Mar 6, 2005.

1. ashd

ashd Member

I am having trouble with a number of things both cPanel and non-cPanel related on my server,
    I am running Trustix 2, cPanel 10.0.0-R143, All the addon modules, except resin and tomcat, PHP 5.0.3 w/Zend, GD, cURL and a number of other modules, mySQL 4.0.23-standard, My server also has APF and BFD installed,

The addons scripts in cPanel, I have installed all of them in WHM, and when i attempt to install them onto a site in cPanel it appears to work, until you go on the site,
    Invision power board does not work correctly, user profiles display a blank page, and sometimes the new thread or reply to thread page had tonnes of <td>&nsbp;</td>'s in its code,
    postnuke simply shows 'Session initialisation failed'
    osCommerce appears to work until you login to the admin section, where you get 'Fatal error: Cannot re-assign $this in /home/******/public_html/oscommerce/admin/includes/classes/upload.php on line 31'
    XOOPS shows 'Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CLONE, expecting T_STRING in /home/******/public_html/xoops/kernel/object.php on line 528'
    phpwiki shows 'lib/main.php:20: Fatal[2048]: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated'
    I have been told there is also a problem in phpBB when trying to mod a user,
    The rest appear to work properly but i havn't thoroughly checked, I have tried removing them and re-installing them and it has had no effect,
    I am also experiencing problems when registering subdomains, they begin to work for a very long time (24 hours +) unless bind is restarted manually after their creation, upon which they work straight away,
    And also, not that its a problem, at least i don't think it is anyway, in cPanel the PHP version is blank (this occured before PHP 5 was installed and after)
    i'm having a problem APF too, lately when i restarted it it says
    'iptables v1.2.11: host/network `(server.host.name)' not found
    Try `iptables -h' or 'iptables --help' for more information.
    iptables v1.2.11: host/network `(server.host.name)' not found
    Try `iptables -h' or 'iptables --help' for more information.'
    although APF still appears to work???

Please could someone help me as these problems are very annoying for both me and my clients,
    Thanks in advance,
    Ash d

2. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    1. for the open istaller issues you might want to post on the open inataller forum as it is not part of Cpanel ( oscommerce, xoops, etc) they may not run with php5

2.Apf is trying to load a hostname that does not resolve remove "server.host.name" from deny_hosts.rules and restart (apf will run just fine with the errors)

3. php ver error must be a trustix issue (does not hurt anything)

4. your bind problem not enough info (no errors )

3. ashd

ashd Member

Thanks, we downgraded to PHP 4.3.9 and I removed the entry from deny.hosts things started working again,
    Although the bind thing does not show any errors both when restarting in WHM and SSH,

4. bmwboy

bmwboy Registered

yes

im also having that ipb error with blank pages loading.. any ideaS?