The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple Projects on Same Server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Abdelmks, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Abdelmks

Abdelmks Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

I want to know if I can split my server in two fictive servers, And I want to know how to do this if it is possible.

I will explain my issue; I have one server with cPanel license, and I want to host in this server two different kind of projects. so I want to make an fictive separation, that allow me to retrieve informations of bandwidth consumed and hard disk usage for each kind (I do not want informations for each project separately, but informations of the groupement of projects).

Thank you for your help.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  3. Abdelmks

Abdelmks Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I think you don't understand my thread. Briefly, I want to host two different kind of project in the same server. The new title is not right, I suggest to modify it to this : "hosting two different kind of project in the same server (fictive separation)"
    So I will repeat this; my own issue is, how can I review statistics of each kind of project separately (bandwidth and hard disk usage).

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Almost too brief to be honest. It sounds like, you want the functionality of two separate cPanel accounts, on one cPanel account.

If that's incorrect please do give us a few more details.

5. Abdelmks

Abdelmks Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Ok thank you,
    I Have just one Dedicated Server, and one cPanel license, I know I can host multiple website. But what I need is diffirent a little, I have two kind of projects (6 websites of projects kind1, and 4 websites of projects kind2). So I want to make some separating of those to kind of projects or regroupement of those two kind.

6. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    This part is clear:
    The rest is not. Please expand on the second part of your question with more details please.

7. Eminds

Eminds Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If I am getting your query clearly .. You want to allocate the server resources such as HDD , RAM and cpanel to the 2 difference group of websites. It is actually impossible. Since Cpanel license works on IP it can not be splited in 2 different parts.

The one solution I can think of is .. Get a dedicated server... Make 2 VPS on them with 2 different IPs .. allocate the resources to that VPS as per your requirements and the only thing you will have to do is getting 2 cpanel license for VPS and which should fulfill your requirement.

In short you can not virtualize the cpanel license for the use you are looking.

8. Abdelmks

Abdelmks Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    In this server, I want to host two group of projects. For exemple, the first group contains 4 web sites of the same project that will be manage and supervised in the same way. And the same for the second.
    And instead of monitoring usage use, and consumption of bandwidth for each website separately, or of the server completely, I want those overseeing each group separately.

9. Abdelmks

Abdelmks Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator

Thank you Eminds, it is really what I want to do. I know virtualization it's the best solution of that, but I don't really need to allocate and separate RAM and hard disk. I just want to see how much disk space and bandwidth consumes each group.

10. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You could setup two reseller accounts, and then create the separate cPanel accounts under each reseller. This will allow you to track disk/space bandwidth usage for each group of websites:

Guide to Reseller Accounts - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation
    Reseller Center - Documentation - cPanel Documentation
    Edit Reseller Nameservers and Privileges - Documentation - cPanel Documentation

Thank you.

jonam_mafia likes this.