The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

multiple questions about email with cpanel

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Dovac, Dec 20, 2005.

1. Dovac

Dovac Registered

hi, I have just recieved a vps with cpanel on it and I started setting up email account for the company(the old host is a windows host which there is no way I can do auto migrate with it) When I setup the mail I was requested to make the following:

koc@domain.com ----- forward-----> cob@domain.com
    ------>forward-----> cod@domain.com

in forward menu.... I put:

koc@domain.com ---forward---> cob@domain.com,cod@domain.com

after adding.. I see two lines....

Forwarding Maintenanc

koc@domain.com >> cob@domain.com
    koc@domain.com >> cod@domain.com

great, I tried witha test mail... they only forward the mail to the "first" rule address.. and the second line was never executed(no forward email in mailbox) tried multiple times but still failed..... What did I do wrong?

also I am looking at spam assassin and I see "configure spamassassin(requires to rewite subject)" what does that mean? can I enable it and let it block mail?

thanks

2. RickG

RickG Well-Known Member

That should work, and is the correct syntax.

Did you look in the Web Host Manager >> Email >> Mail Queue Manager to see if the other mail (for some reason) is sitting in the queue?

You might also want to tail the exim logs while sending mail to see what's going on as the outgoing mail is sent. Simply SSH into your account and issue the following from the command prompt:

tail -fn100 /var/log/exim_mainlog

I'd work on getting this resolved before adding another factor into the equation (i.e. spamassassin). There are lots of threads in the forum on this subject ... the search function is your friend :)

Hope this helps -