The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple responders only responding to the same e-mail address once an hour

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by xperplay, Dec 24, 2011.

1. xperplay

xperplay Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I`m setting up a web shop that delivers digital content automatically. The setup is once payment is received through PayPal I filter the email according to product purchased and forward it to the corresponding auto responder to deliver the content to the client.

I set all my auto responder`s interval time to 0.

I noticed while testing that if I trigger an auto responder twice within an hour only, the second e-mail is not received. This is not a big deal because nobody is going to purchases the same product twice.

But after further testing I noticed that it`s not limited to one auto responder for example.
    bob@hotmail.com pays for item #1, e-mail filtered and forwarded, auto responder for item #1 sent the content.
    bob@hotmail.com pays for item #2 within the same hour of purchasing item #1, e-mail filtered and forwarded, auto responder for item #2 (different responder), does NOT deliver the content.

as you see this is a huge problem for me. I`ve been in contact with my web host and after numerous frustrating e-mails they tell me "this is just how cpanel works" I`m really hoping it`s not so.

They tell me there is not such limitation on their end. Is there a global auto responder interval setting in whm?

thank you for reading, any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
  3. xperplay

xperplay Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Re: Multiple responders only responding to the same e-mail address once an

thank you for the prompt reply. I want to do this temporary fix listed in that thread. Just to make sure that I`m doing this correctly before I go on to fix 30+ responders.

1. Rename responder@domain.com.json to responder@domain.com.conf
    2. Replace {"start":null,"stop":null,"interval":"0"} with interval=0

If I understood correctly this will fix both the 1 hour interval issue and the multiple auto responders acting like they are on the same interval. Is this correct?

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Re: Multiple responders only responding to the same e-mail address once an

Well, you'd do best to do some testing with one account and see how it goes for you. Be sure to back up any file you touch of course.

GL!