The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

multiple roundcube processes?

Discussion in 'Workarounds and Optimization' started by clearchaos, Mar 8, 2016.

1. clearchaos

clearchaos Member

Hi,

For my own peace of mind I got into the habit of periodically checking to see what php processes are running via 'ps -ef'. Lately I've noticed there are many roundcube processes running:
    Code:
    204       1115  1113  0 09:39 ?        00:00:00 /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/php/54/bin/php-cgi -c /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/php/54/etc/roundcube /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/roundcube/index.php
    204       1660  1658  0 Mar03 ?        00:00:00 /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/php/54/bin/php-cgi -c /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/php/54/etc/roundcube /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/roundcube/index.php
    204       1691  1690  0 11:36 ?        00:00:00 /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/php/54/bin/php-cgi -c /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/php/54/etc/roundcube /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/roundcube/index.php

Currently there are 45 of these processes, some started days ago. Is this normal or should I investigate further? Up until last year I was running on Centos 5.x and never noticed these processes before.

For info the server is : CENTOS 6.7 x86_64 standard – WHM 54.0 (build 18)

Thanks for your time.

Kind regards,
    Gary.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

It seems like this might be related to the following thread:

Webmail is Unresponsive

Could you review this thread and verify if it's related ("Failed to connect fpm socket" errors in the cPanel error log)?

Thank you.

3. clearchaos

clearchaos Member

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm seeing a similar error in the cPanel log as reported in the first post of your linked thread:

Code:
    error_log:[2016-03-08 15:03:43 +0000] info [cpsrvd] Internal Server Error: "POST /cpsess3077166533/3rdparty/roundcube/?_task=mail&_action=refresh HTTP/1.1" 500 The cPanel Server operation timed out at cpsrvd.pl line 539.

When I run the restart command suggested I see this:

Code:
    root@charlie [/usr/local/cpanel/logs]# /scripts/restartsrv_cpanel_php_fpm restart
    (XID 4kf72e) The “cpanel_php_fpm” service is disabled.

The /usr/local/cpanel/logs/php-fpm directory is empty (which I guess makes sense if the service is disabled).

Cheers,
    Gary.

4. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  5. clearchaos

clearchaos Member

Hi,

The processes disappear as they are killed, but slowly reappear during the course of the day. I've just killed another 27 processes that weren't there first thing this morning.

Thanks.

6. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Could you open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look? You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

7. clearchaos

clearchaos Member

Sure no problem that's all done.

Support Request ID is: 7495105.

Thank you.