Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Multiple servers - 1 login/control panel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SeeK6155, Apr 24, 2005.

1. SeeK6155

SeeK6155 Registered

i was wondering if it was possible to have a multiple server setup and have 1 place where users login. i e user1 on host alpha and user2 on host beta both login to www.hostingcompany.com? is it also possible to configure and run several servers from the 1 WHM login as well?

for example i dont want to have to tell every 2nd user that signs up a different url to loginto. also with support i useres may not know what server they are on and if i have 10+ servers with 50+ accounts each on them it would take ages to track down what server this persons account is on.

i have serched around but couldnt find anything.

What im really looking for is a solution similar to that of HELM.

Thanks,
    Damian Guppy

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SeeK6155

SeeK6155 Registered

unfortunatly, this is not what i am talking about. Say i have 2 servers, is it possible to have both users from box A and box B loginto the same area eg Https://webhostingcompany.com:2083/ ?

4. dgbaker

dgbaker Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Nope not possible. The closest you can get is the examples in those other threads.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. protocol

protocol Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

#5 protocol, Apr 25, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2005
  6. SeeK6155

SeeK6155 Registered

yes, this is one of the things i wanted, thanx. maybee i'll just put 1 type of package per server.

oh wait i know!, on the login box on my site i make 3 feilds, username,password,domain. then the script redirects them to https://theirdomain.com:2083/ or somthin like that, that way they will log into the right server. or in their welcome email, instaed of telling them to use a login box on the site just tell them to loginto https://theirdomain.com:2083/

Thanx, you have all been a great help!!! :)

EDIT: hmm i cant seem to find the download link for it, nor can i see where to buy it if it isnt free. help anyone?

#6 SeeK6155, Apr 26, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2005