anton_latvia

PartnerNOC
May 11, 2004
Latvia
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello Community and @cPanelLauren!

Today feature request Multiple Shared IP Addresses has been marked as "Not Planned".

Developers agree, that there is a value in this feature, but still leave it on the side. It is very disappointing. This feature initially was created 9 (nine!) years ago, got more than 200 votes and still - left on the side.

I am very upset and disappointed. For several years now we are paying for the amount of accounts and still do not get important and useful features.

Dear developers - please listen to what real users, system administrators and hosting companies need.

Last edited by a moderator:

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! I've started an initiative to handle the Feature Requests so they aren't just sitting there for years. I started with some of the more popular and older ones, and while that particular request is not something we have planned, at least we're going to be communicating that clearly to users now instead of letting the requests linger with no end in sight.

anton_latvia

PartnerNOC
May 11, 2004
Latvia
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
That's good to have some progress in requests, I understand, that it can be hard to prioritize these things, but single-shared-IP is sort of bottleneck. Probably just as another feature of actually assigning account to multiple IPs - Multiple dedicated IPs per account, set domain to a specific ip

Really, for me as system administrator this is sort of core feature. Especially when its implementation does not require any new software - just correct configuration of the webserver and few tweaks in the UI. We simply need that. We don't talk about it, because we gave up. But we still would use it. If anyone would hear us.

Reactions: cPRex