The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple sites per IP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KHeadley, Oct 27, 2011.

1. KHeadley

KHeadley Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi all,
    Ive got a slight problem, Ive got a vps with 25 seperate ip addresses. Now I want to put 2 websites per IP address but when I assign an IP address to an account it becomes dedicated to that account and I cannot add the same IP to another account.
    I have tried the following;
    • Assigning the IP to the account in the account setup procedure
    • Assigning the IP to the account after the account has been setup using the "Change Site's IP Address" menu option
    • Creating a reseller account for "Account A" then creating "Account B" within "Account A" to see if the IP's were the same. (This was after assigning the reseller account A with a specific IP)
    Does anyone know the easiest way to assign 2/3 accounts with a single IP??

Thanks

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You would need to create account A as a reseller account, but then you'd need to use WHM > Resellers > Manage reseller's main/shared IP to set that IP as the main shared IP for that reseller's account.

Provided you don't allow the reseller any dedicated IP privileges or assign other IPs to that reseller, then all accounts under that reseller should use the reseller's main/shared IP you've set.

3. KHeadley

KHeadley Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thank you this has worked, how do you now undedicate the IP to the account??

4. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    There would be a file /etc/domainips that will contain the IP with the domain it has been dedicated for using. Remove that IP entry in /etc/domainips file after making a backup of the file somewhere.