The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

multiple versions of mysql on same cpanel server?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ladydi711, Nov 7, 2008.

1. ladydi711

ladydi711 Well-Known Member

OK i have cPanel server running mysql 4.0.27. I have apps that aren't able to upgrade to 4.1 at this time, but have another app requiring 4.1.2. is it possible to install another version of mysql runnning on another port without messing anything up on the cpanel/whm configs?

If anyone has done something similar and has any "gotchas" to share, I'd appreciate it!

This will also help us get our other applications tested/upgraded to 4.1 (or better) so I can just upgrade the whole cPanel server

TIA!!!
    Diane

2. internetfab

internetfab Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    You would have to give privs manually to the customer in that case but other than the administration being tougher and no control over how many DBs the customer creates (if he has those privs) it should be fine.

3. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    It is not recommended to install multiple versions of MySQL on the same server. To accomplish this, one must either install from source or by using the tarball version as the RPMs will simply update the currently installed version.

The safer way to accomplish what you need is to setup a separate server for MySQL 4.1 and configure your application(s) to access that server.

4. rejected

rejected Well-Known Member