Multiply mail to the same catch-all ends in one mail

JesperLK

Registered
Nov 19, 2019
Denmark
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi all :)
I have a catch-all for a domain. Lets call it domain.com. When I send one e-mail with multiply recipients, eg [email protected] and [email protected] it ends up in one mail in cPanel.
I do some processing on the mails so thats optimal that it merges them to one mail and not two individuals even though they end up in the same mailbox.
Any way to make it individual mails?

Regards
Jesper

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
All email sent with multiple recipients utilizes the same Message ID though this does not inhibit the ability for that Message ID to be sent to multiple recipients, separately.

This sentence is a bit confusing:
I do some processing on the mails so thats optimal that it merges them to one mail and not two individuals even though they end up in the same mailbox.
Any way to make it individual mails?

The way this reads it indicates that you are merging them into one email purposely but asking for them to be individual emails, can you please clarify?

JesperLK

Registered
Nov 19, 2019
Denmark
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi, sorry - wil try to clearify it.

The user sends the same mail to both [email protected] and [email protected]. They are both in the To field when sending the one mail for the two mail-address.
Because, I guess, it has the same message ID, when it arrives at the server it is seen as one mail.
So when the catch all mailbox opens the webmail/mailbox, it only sees one mail. It can see it is intended for the two recipients, but the mail is there only one time,

My problem is that I have another software processing the mail. That have to see it as two mails. It forwards it to and mail-to-fax service.

Hope that clearifies it and maybe someone have en idea for me :)

Best wishes
Jesper

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Thanks! That does clarify it. There's no way to do what you're looking for besides sending separate emails. You can't modify the way that exim handles 1 mail sent to multiple recipients.

You might be able to pipe to a program using an email filter - then write a script to put the mail where you need it to go Piping mail to php scripts - howto and checklist