The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

munin font style and size

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by boatdesign, Feb 20, 2009.

1. boatdesign

boatdesign Well-Known Member

This is likely a silly question, but I'm just not finding it digging around...

where is the munin font face and size stored?

I ask because I enabled munin on a new server and the font and size don't match the graphs generated by an old whm/cpanel server, even though both say they are generated by munin version 1.2.4

For some reason on the freshly installed (today) whm/cpanel server with the freshly installed munin plugin are too long and are going off the graphs slightly (cut off)

2. boatdesign

New server attached to illustrate (see more difficult to read wrapped lines, seconds cut off vertical caption, etc.)

Attached Files:

3. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
  4. boatdesign

Thanks Infopro -- maybe I'll try uninstalling the munin plugin from the older whm server and then re-adding it to see if it will match the new server (it's weird that the graphs look different even though the munin version numbers are the same in the generated output) -- on the other hand I hesitate to do this because I like the old server's munin graphs better (attached for comparison to new server's munin graph in the post above. The "old" style is somewhat easier for me to read and with the more condensed font resists line wrapping better...)

Attached Files:

#4 boatdesign, Feb 21, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
  5. boatdesign

OK, I just uninstalled the munin plugin from the cpanel plugins screen on the older server and then installed it again through whm and that font is still different than the brand new fresh server. Both are RHEL5.

Also I find it interesting that when I went to the munin site and clicked live examples, clicked http://munin.ping.uio.no/ping.uio.no/knoll.ping.uio.no.html#Nfs for example the font there is different than either of my whm-cpanel plugin installed munin installs, so I'm not seeing three different fonts in play. Somewhere the font must be set, but I can't figure out where for the life of me...

6. LucasMS

LucasMS Registered

7. wdwms

wdwms Member

Same issue on this side of things.. been driving me nuts. The quality of the graphs isn't the same either.. by that I mean the resolution of the datapoints makes the lines look "chunky"

8. boatdesign

No, still have this problem on all new installs. I think it's related to a newer rrd version and an older munin version.

#336618 - munin: blurry graphs after rrdtool upgrade - Debian Bug report logs mentions:
    There seems to be a 1.2.6 release on the munin site as well, though the WHM version is still at 1.2.4.