The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Munin not found after install

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gflamerich, Jun 1, 2006.

1. gflamerich

gflamerich Well-Known Member

Hi

Just try new addon MUNIN, works fine all our boxes except one. This was called from WHM menu.

Not Found

The server was not able to find the document (./munin/index.html) you requested
    Please check the url and try again. You might also want to report
    this error to your webhost.

cpsrvd/10.6.1 Server at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx​

Installation script seems to ends correctly

Here are our specs:
    WHM 10.8.0 cPanel 10.8.2-S120
    Fedora i686 - WHM X v3.1.0

thanks

2. NexGenUK

NexGenUK Active Member

Complicated.

I was in the same situation, its due to a few things, basicly munin not installing properly ... i found that this was due to the "which" clauses, to determine application paths. My solution to get the thing working properly you ask?

ok, visit the cpanel download site: http://httpupdate.cpanel.net/cpanelsync/addons/modules/munin-Linux-i686/

Download everything (into their proper directories) in a directory of your choice.

Then exec, chmod +x install, run the install ... (more work to be done), once that is done, you will quickly realise that there are still problems. The fix to this is: go into the munin-1.2.4/, then edit the Makefile.config file:

Change:
    PERL = $(shell which perl)
    To:
    PERL = /usr/bin/perl

Change:
    GETENT = $(shell which getent || which true 2>/dev/null)
    To:
    GETENT = /usr/bin/getent

Then run (still in the munin-1.2.4 directory):
    Make clean; make; make install

go back up a directory, then run the install, should install straight out for you. Not 100% sure it'll work for you, but definately did for myself, and the few servers we have that failed to install it properly.

Hope this helps,

Dan

3. gflamerich

gflamerich Well-Known Member

Thanks

But I think I'll wait until cpanel fix it :)
    Thanks anyway

4. Olate

Olate Active Member

Unfortunately this didn't seem to work. After running install I get:

Code:
    Can't locate RRDs.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.3/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.3 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.2/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.2 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.2/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.1/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.2 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.1 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl .) at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3/Munin.pm line 267.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3/Munin.pm line 267.
    Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/munin/munin-html line 182.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/munin/munin-html line 182.
    Install Complete (munin 1.2.4)
    So I followed your edit makefile config instructions, but the same error as above appears.

5. NexGenUK

NexGenUK Active Member

Hmmp, RRDs.pm is related to the RRD Tool, cPanel im sure should have installed that for you. Unless you install the RRD tool manually, i'd be at a loss to make a suggestion there. Also noticed, your running 5.8.3 .. cPanel has the installer for the 5.8.7 build on its update site. Link to tarball download: http://layer1.cpanel.net/perl587installer.tar.gz

I belive the cpanel RRD tool installer can be hit through /scripts/rrdtoolinstall dont hold me to that, as i cant double check atm.

Dan

#5 NexGenUK, Jun 3, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2006
  6. Olate

Olate Active Member

I downloaded and ran the perl installer which removed the perl errors, but then I got RRD Tool errors. Running /scripts/rrdtoolinstall returned no output and after looking at the script it was because it was already running the latest version. So I did

Code:
    mv /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/rrdtool /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/rrdtool.bak
    To force rrftoolinstall to do something, which it did - it reinstalled rrdtool - after which I was able to successefully install munin. Thanks for your help!

7. wildbomb

wildbomb Member

This worked perfectly!
    Thanks!

wildbomb

8. phurix

phurix Registered
    PartnerNOC

on another note, If you dont have "which" installed you will also get this error. you can install which using, yum or apt-get (yum install which - apt-get install which).