The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Munin Plugin - NTP kernel PLL estimated error

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by leland, Oct 4, 2011.

1. leland

leland Member

Does anyone know what the graph NTP kernel PLL estimated error (secs) in Munin Represents? From the title I can asses that it is estimating the number of errors per second in NTP kernel phase-locked loop but does anyone have anymore information then that and possibly if and where these errors are logged? These errors have been coming up almost every day at 2am and it has a bad habit of crashing my server. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

I am using Munin version 1.4.5
    WHM 11.30.3 (build 5)
    CENTOS 5.7 x86_64 standard

Attached Files:

2. leland

leland Member

I figured out what was causing it but not really how to decrease it. These are caused by the cPanel update script. There was a cron set for everyday at 2:00 and once I moved the time of the cron, the time the errors occurred moved to that time as well. My main problem was that I also backed up my server at 2:00 and I guess it was just too much for the server to handle and it would crash. Once I started to move some things around, everything started to work fine.

3. markus76

markus76 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    It is the error made of NTP and PLL in the server during standby mode. Just like in the graph it shows how many errors made and the duration of every errors which you can locate through your server.