The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Munin Reporting of Individual Domains

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by _jman, Jan 27, 2009.

1. _jman

_jman Member

Howdy,

cPanel 11.24.4-R33609 - WHM 11.24.2 - X 3.9 ~ CENTOS 5.2 i686 on xen

Installed Munin from WHM (Main->cPanel->Manage Plugins) with no problem.

Have been looking at the server conf & FAQ on the Munin site, but not quite sure how to show the graphs by domain (or at least account).

From some info I found on the web, tried adding into /etc/munin/munin.conf:

[www.mydomain.com]
    address 127.0.0.1
    use_node_name yes

Then restarting with
    /etc/munin/munin-update --force-root

But the new domain didn't show up in Main->Plugins->Munin Service Monitor, just the main VPS domain which was automatically configured by installing Munin, which presumably is showing totals for the server as a whole.

As some accounts have sub and add-on domains, ideally it would be nice to be able to drill down per actual domain name, but if all it can do is by account I guess that's OK too. My VPS should have enough memory to deal with the overhead, but of course can't really verify that until Munin has been running it for a bit.

Any idea where I should look to implement this?

Thanks!
    --
    Carl

2. _jman

_jman Member

Am I missing something here?

Is munin *only* for whole machines, and cannot be used to track individual accounts on those machines?

If that's the case, is there any comparable package which could track disk, memory, etc. for individual accounts?

Thanks for any clarification!
    --
    Carl

3. _jman

_jman Member

So, is noone using munin?

4. tkerns

tkerns Active Member

I have been waiting for an answer here as well. Lots of people use munin. I have it on several servers, but from what I see, it appears to be useful for the whole server, and not individual accounts.
    It would be great to have something like this on the account level to be able to more easily see who is using more than their share of the resources.

Tom